The Electrician Bondi Junction Effect
Electricity is one of the most important sources of energy at home. Contemptible electrical mistakes at home make it dangerous. These mistakes can make one be electrocuted, get a shock and even result to death. The following are the common electrical mistakes at my home.
Using of defective electrical appliances.
Defective electrical appliances such as heaters, iron boxes, mobile charges, cookers and many others are very expensive to use. They expose one’s life at risk. These appliances may have naked wires which can cause fire or electrical shock. Electrical fire damages a lot of property resulting to a huge loss.
Sockets have a specific voltage limit which should not be exceeded. Overloading a socket is very easy and mostly it is done unknowingly.When many extension cables are plugged into the same socket, it becomes overloaded. The overloaded socket makes the fuse box to keep on tripping or produces a slight burning smell. This can result to the home being in flames. Just because the extension plug has space for four or more sockets, it doesn’t mean all must be used. They should be minimized to reduce the likelihood of requiring emergency electrical repairs or experiencing a disastrous fire.
In addition, electrical appliances exceeding the extension plugs’ rating is a major mistake done. This can cause sparks and even fire.
An overload calculator should be used to check if an extension is getting overloaded.
Operating electrical appliances with wet hands
Water is a good conductor of electricity.Wet hands create a short circuit for the current when they come into contact with connected metallic appliances. This exposes one at risk of getting a shock or being electrocuted. In addition, switching on and off the light sockets with wet hands, one can get shocked.
Gloves should be worn when repairing electrical circuits and appliances. Using outdated or defective test equipment to troubleshoot. This was discovered here: http://www.electricianbondi.net.au/
Outdated or defective equipment, old voltage tester for example is inefficient. It may not identify all problems related to the electrical appliance or circuits. This exposes the technician into risk. He can’t determine clearly whether the problem is fixed or not. He may get shocked or electrocuted.
Portable electric tools and test equipment with correct ratings should be used. Ratings should be compatible to circuits they will be connected.
Use of bulbs with different wattage for their fixture
Bulbs have varying wattage. Some have a higher wattage while others have a lower wattage. Using a higher wattage bulb makes the fixture to overheat. Overheating also can lead to the fixture bursting or outbreak of fire.
Bulbs that have correct wattage requirements for each fixture should be used. Compact fluorescent bulbs that provide the same level of light at lower wattage can also be used.
Home wiring is very delicate. It can lead to tremendous loses if done unprofessionally. Unskilled electrical technicians may not install the sockets properly. This may lead to high voltage in light sockets and low voltage in other sockets meant for heating and cooking. Source: http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/
High voltage in lighting causes the bulbs to overheat and burst. This might expose house to fire outbreak. The high voltage can cause shock also.
Use of nails and metallic structures to attach extension cables to the wall is a big mistake. Metals can create a short circuit and cause shock or one to be electrocuted.
Planting trees near electric power lines.
Trees near electric power lines expose the surrounding into danger. They can cause outbreak of fire when they fall n the electric power lines. Similarly, the may cause the lines to sag hence reducing their height. Animals and man are exposed to risk as they can get electrocuted due to the high voltage.
Children playing with model aircrafts, kites and toys near power cables tamper with them. They should be prohibited from such areas.